Frequently Asked Questions

Girl Doing Homework
Boy playing interment, tables on concourse

Several areas fall under the umbrella of the Office of Student Services. These areas consist of:

  • Stamford Residence Life
  • Student Activities
  • Disability Services
  • Fitness Center
  • Game Room

The Office of Student Services (201) is often a good starting point if you have a question. Professionals in the Office of Student Services will do their best to assist you or direct you to the appropriate office.

The Office of Student Services can assist students with various processes. These processes include:

  • Voluntarily Separating from the University (Withdrawal, Cancellation, Leave of Absence)
  • Campus Change Appeals
  • Readmission
  • Addressing behavioral concerns in and out of the classroom
  • General advocacy

Students may officially leave the University of their own volition through two different actions: withdrawal and/or cancellation of registration. Both actions are finalized and processed by the Assistant Director and Director of Student Services (at the regional campuses) and the Dean of Students (at Storrs) through the completion of a Voluntary Separation Notice (VSN) or online cancellation. Cancellation of registration takes place prior to the beginning of a semester. To officially withdraw means to terminate enrollment during a semester that is in progress; this action must be completed in person. Students may withdraw between the first day of classes and the last day before the final exam period.

Undergraduate students who have separated from the University for any reason and wish to return, will need to be readmitted through the Dean of Students Office by competing an application for readmission. The application will be submitted online and will be directed to the campus the student wishes to be readmitted to. Refer to the application for readmission for more specific information and timelines at

Each semester there is a campus change process. This allows a current UConn student to apply to change campuses. At Stamford, if you are interested in applying for a campus change, you will need to visit the Registrar’s Office. The Registrar’s Office will provide you with a campus change from for you to complete. Generally, a student will need to have a minimum of 54 credits in order to campus change to the Storrs campus. The various schools/colleges will set the criteria for a campus change to Storrs.

Students may schedule an appointment via Nexus or by contacting the Office of Student Services at or calling 203-251-8484.

There are several places to find important information regarding deadlines. First, the academic calendar may be found on the Registrar’s website ( It is very important for students to view the academic calendar in advance as the various deadlines are laid out for the semester and year. Secondly, the Stamford campus sends out a weekly E-Bulletin. Various deadlines and information may be found in the weekly Stamford E-Bulletin.

Step 1: Register online with the CSD via MyAccess. NetID and password are required for registration. An e-mail will be sent confirming registration once complete. Students can use this link to begin the registration process:

If you prefer to register using a paper form, please click here.pdf.pdf to view and download a Student Information Form.

Step 2: Students must provide appropriate documentation to the CSD, which establishes the need for an accommodation and relates the current impact of the condition to the requested accommodations. Guidelines for documentation are available here.

  • Students are advised to share the documentation guidelines with the appropriate treatment provider who can best describe the nature of the condition for which an accommodation is being requested.
  • Documentation may be submitted confidentially:
In person: Office of Student Services, room 201
By Fax: (860) 486-4412
By Mail: Center for Students with Disabilities
University of Connecticut
233 Glenbrook Rd., Unit 4174
Storrs, CT 06269-4174
By E-mail:

Step 3: Once the registration process is complete, you will receive an email from the CSD which includes contact information for your disability service provider (DSP). Please use to schedule an appointment with your DSP to discuss your request(s).

If you have any questions regarding the registration process or technical issues while registering through MyAccess, please contact Timothy Smagacz at or (860) 486-2020.

If you unexpectedly have to miss classes due to an extenuating circumstance, it is important for you to be in communication with the Office of Student Services. The Assistant Director/Director of Student Services will discuss with you what is going on, collect appropriate documentation of your extenuating circumstance and send an advocacy letter to your professors, as appropriate.

All current UConn students, staff, and faculty are authorized to use the Stamford YMCA and Game Room at no additional cost. Current students to these facilities by showing their UConn ID. Should a student not have their UConn ID, they will not gain access to the space. If there is a hold on your PeopleSoft account, the card reader will not authorize your access to the facilities and you will be asked to leave. In order for the card reader to authorize your access, you must get the hold lifted from your account (most likely a Bursar or Immunization hold).


Orientation is a mandatory university program. This said, it is important for newly admitted students to pay close attention to their personal and UConn emails, as communication from the university will be sent in this manner. For specific information on UConn's orientation program, please visit Additionally, you may reach an orientation representative by emailing

Getting involved on campus is an important component of your college experience. If you are looking to get involved in one of the various clubs/organizations at Stamford feel free to stop by the Student Activities office (room 202). You may also view the various clubs/organizations Stamford has to offer via Be sure to select the Stamford Campus Organizations.

Should you need to reschedule a final exam due to bunched finals or an extenuating circumstance, you will need to complete a Request to Reschedule a Final Exam form via All requests due to an extenuating circumstance will need to have supporting documentation attached.